- 1lb(ish) ground turkey
- 1 Fist sized hunk of brown sugar
- 2 packets of chili seasoning (I usually get different favors)
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes (any kind) – sometimes jalapeño or other flavored are fun
- 3 or four cans of beans – any kind you want. I like to use the Goya red, pink, black beans, etc. (note: you could add a can of corn, but my wife can’t eat it so I don’t)
- 2 fresh peppers ( 1 red, 1 green) or whatever
- 1 sweet onion
- 4oz (ish) Grape jelly
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- Chopped onions or hot peppers
Brown in turkey pan. Season of you want with salt & pepper but don’t go apeshit. Put it aside for now.
Chop peppers and onion into bits, and put aside for now.
Open and drain all cans.
Add diced tomatoes to crockpot.
Open seasoning packets and add to crockpot.
Dump all beans and stuff in.
Dump the meat in. Dump the chopped veggies in. Mix it all around with your favorite wooden mixing spoon and then put crockpot on high for 7-8 hours.
That’s the general idea. I like to use spicy seasoning and the use sugar and jelly to sweeten it. Adjust according to taste!
And now you know the secret…. I don’t actually “make” it. I just throw a bunch of stuff in the crockpot.
Note: you could probably use beef instead of the turkey, but I think the turkey is easier on the stomach!